4 Build Techniques
• Stacked - Create objects by cutting out cross sections and stacking them on top of each other.
• Interlocked - Create slotted assemblies that go together even without adhesive.
• Curve - Define the sweep of your interlocked slices with an editable spline for curvy shapes.
• Radial - Define an axis of rotation around which interlocked slices are assembled, ideal for rounded shapes like bowls.✓
• Choose from preset materials or define your own sheet size, thickness and kerf from which to build your project. Your build plans are automatically updated on the fly to maximize the use of your material, while the 3D view always shows you what your finished product will look like.✓
• Define the final size of your final real-world object and your build plans are updated automatically. Create objects of any size that you are able to physically cut!✓
Interactive Slice Direction & Distribution
• Adjust the angle and spacing of your construction using intuitive manipulators to get the look you want.
• Adjust the positioning of individual slices to right where you need them.✓
• Hollow - Automatically hollow out your model to cut down on final weight, minimize material use, or to create hidden cavities in which to hide treasures.
• Thicken - Thicken your model interactively to make thin parts more manufacturable or to give your model a more cartoony look.
• Shrinkwrap - Great for closing models that have holes or very fine details. ✓
• Animated assembly instructions let you see how your model will fit together prior to cutting out your parts.
• Once you are ready to put your cut parts together, the assembly animation can also be used to guide you step-by-step.✓
Save 2D build plans
• Create a free Autodesk account and export your 2D build plans as EPS or PDF files that are ready for cutting with everything from a laser cutter to a bandsaw.✓
• Access the 123D Community Gallery to download models and projects from users all around the world.
• Share your projects with other users to get feedback and iterate with the global 123D community.